Hartford girls tennis hikes mark to 2-1April 26,2014GIRLS TENNIS
Hartford 6, Bellows Falls 1
WHITE RIVER JCT. — The Hurricanes climbed to 2-1 on the season after sweeping the singles agaisnt the Terriers.
There were two tough matches there. At No. 1, Kali Covell outlasted BF’s Alex Harris 6-4, 5-7, 10-7, and at No. 4, the Hurricanes’ Amanda Nelson took a 6-2, 3-6, 10-6 win over the Terriers’ Quinn Lawrence.
In other singles, Ashley Fogg beat McKenzie Brandon 6-2, 6-3, Christine Miller beat Taylor Westfall 6-1, 6-1 and Marian Palmer defeated Reghan Lapinski 6-3, 6-2.
Colleen McDermott and Casey Ostler gave Hartford a doubles win over Tessa Bynorth and Keisha Wilcox, 6-0, 6-1, then BF’s Elli Guyon and Norah Bright beat Summer Parkhurst and Pearl MacLeod 6-0, 6-0.
Hartford will visit Brattleboro on Tuesday.
- Most Popular
- Most Emailed
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: Highway Trust Fund bill passage Vt. projects are moving forward, about 20 state inmates are seeking clemency through new federal standards and search is on to find temporary member for State Colleges Board of Trustees.
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: Workers on this day in 1984 in a Cheshire, England, peat bog find well-preserved human remains at least 2,000 years dead, born this day in 1843, Robert Todd Lincoln, eldest son of the president, present at three assassinations.
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Rutland Herald content editor Rich Alcott shares local weather information and easily digestible news tidbits: A fiery pit nicknamed the 'Gate of Hell' in the Karakum desert in Turkmenistan has been burning for 40 years.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: osh O'Gorman reports on the impact of state budget cuts on state colleges, Rutland Town welcomes Donna Zeller as town clerk, Bryanna Allen in Killington for chili cookoff and Haley talks up the big Shrine game with N.H. and Vt.
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Rutland Herald content editor Rich Alcott shares local weather information and easily digestible news tidbits: Teddy Roosevelt makes Americans believe the poor, peace-loving, misunderstood piranha is a vicious, dangerous animal.
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: Teamsters leader Jimmy Hoffa disappears on this day in 1975, on this day in 2003, the last Volkswagen Type I, the Beetle, rolls off the assembly line in Mexico, Ambrose Bierce on the classifications of homicide.