Hartford girls tennis hikes mark to 2-1April 26,2014GIRLS TENNIS
Hartford 6, Bellows Falls 1
WHITE RIVER JCT. — The Hurricanes climbed to 2-1 on the season after sweeping the singles agaisnt the Terriers.
There were two tough matches there. At No. 1, Kali Covell outlasted BF’s Alex Harris 6-4, 5-7, 10-7, and at No. 4, the Hurricanes’ Amanda Nelson took a 6-2, 3-6, 10-6 win over the Terriers’ Quinn Lawrence.
In other singles, Ashley Fogg beat McKenzie Brandon 6-2, 6-3, Christine Miller beat Taylor Westfall 6-1, 6-1 and Marian Palmer defeated Reghan Lapinski 6-3, 6-2.
Colleen McDermott and Casey Ostler gave Hartford a doubles win over Tessa Bynorth and Keisha Wilcox, 6-0, 6-1, then BF’s Elli Guyon and Norah Bright beat Summer Parkhurst and Pearl MacLeod 6-0, 6-0.
Hartford will visit Brattleboro on Tuesday.MORE IN This Just In
- Most Popular
- Most Emailed
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: On this day in 1618, English author, poet, soldier, adventurer Sir Walter Raleigh is beheaded for conspiring to overthrow King James I, but more likely to mollify offenses to Spain. His executioner has to implore him for silence.
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: On this day in 1492, Italian explorer, admiral of the ocean sea, Christopher Columbus, sailing for the Spanish crown, 'discovers' Cuba; on this day in 1964, U.S. officials deny American involvement in bombing North Vietnam.
- Video: Fire engulfs house on Pine Street
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: On this day in 1936, Mrs. Wallis Warfield Spencer Simpson, mistress of King Edward VIII, is granted her second divorce, enabling her to marry the king. The government, the Church of England and the London Times have another idea.
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: V-2 No. 13, launched this day in 1946 from White Sands, New Mexico, takes first photographs of Earth from the edge of the planet's outer atmosphere; 1947: Walt Disney testifies before HUAC, names employees he says are communists.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: Vermont's brand discussed at Killington, state's attorney candidates Marc Brierre and Rose Kennedy profiled, Curtis reports about Rutland police chief's new job, and four arrested, charged for heroin, crack sales.