Nonprofit adds board membersApril 29,2014NeighborWorks of Western Vermont has added six new members to its board of directors.
Bob Amelang, Steve Costello, Gabe Gladding, Amanda Moore, Jim Murphy and Caroline Schneider have all joined the nonprofit’s governing body.
Amelang is an engineer who spent 26 years at Central Vermont Public Service and then Green Mountain Power, of which Costello is vice president for generation and energy innovation. Gladding is an insurance agent at Holden Financial Services, Moore is a vice president at Heritage Family Credit Union, Murphy owns an Addison County home inspection service and Schneider is inventory control manager at Westminster Bakers.MORE IN This Just In
- Most Popular
- Most Emailed
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: On this day in 1618, English author, poet, soldier, adventurer Sir Walter Raleigh is beheaded for conspiring to overthrow King James I, but more likely to mollify offenses to Spain. His executioner has to implore him for silence.
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: On this day in 1492, Italian explorer, admiral of the ocean sea, Christopher Columbus, sailing for the Spanish crown, 'discovers' Cuba; on this day in 1964, U.S. officials deny American involvement in bombing North Vietnam.
- Video: Fire engulfs house on Pine Street
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: On this day in 1936, Mrs. Wallis Warfield Spencer Simpson, mistress of King Edward VIII, is granted her second divorce, enabling her to marry the king. The government, the Church of England and the London Times have another idea.
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: V-2 No. 13, launched this day in 1946 from White Sands, New Mexico, takes first photographs of Earth from the edge of the planet's outer atmosphere; 1947: Walt Disney testifies before HUAC, names employees he says are communists.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: Vermont's brand discussed at Killington, state's attorney candidates Marc Brierre and Rose Kennedy profiled, Curtis reports about Rutland police chief's new job, and four arrested, charged for heroin, crack sales.