Woman indicted for distributing heroinApril 29,2014Woman indicted for
A 22-year-old Massachusetts woman has been indicted by a federal grand jury on charges she sold hundreds of bags of heroin in southeastern Vermont.
The U.S. attorney’s office said that Friday a not guilty plea was entered on behalf of Seanna Krasin of Holyoke, Mass.
She was indicted on two counts of heroin distribution.
Court records said the Vermont Drug Task Force used a confidential informant to buy 250 bags of heroin from Krasin in Springfield on April 7 and on April 10, 800 bags.
Prosecutors said the investigation found that between November and her arrest on April 10 she sold between 6,000 and 8,000 bags in Vermont.
Krasin was released on conditions.
Her attorney did not return a call seeking comment Monday.
- Most Popular
- Most Emailed
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: On this day in 1393, quick thinking teen girl saves King Charles IV of France from burning alive at masquerade ball; in 1760, Vermont town of Pownal created by N.H. Gov. Benning Wentworth; Canuplin, Filipino movie star, born.
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: On this day, 1700, Cascadia Earthquake, Magnitude 9 plus, strikes West Coast with tsunami effects felt as far away as Japan; in 1885, troops loyal to Sudanese Mohammad Ahmad conquer Khartoum; in 1992, Boris Yeltsin untargets U.S.
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: On this day in 971 AD, Southern Han war elephant corps defeated by Song Dynasty troops bowmen; in 1870, Montana, Marias massacre, U.S. kills 173 Native Americans; in 1941, Charles Lindbergh recommends neutrality pact with Nazis.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: Bryanna Allen reports Castleton Downtown hosts open house, fire in Springfield leaves family without a roof of their own, suspected Bosnian war criminal trial goes to jury, Brent Curtis reports Rutland Town budget set to rise.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: Bill in Legislature proposes naming beagle Vermont state dog; Associated Press looks back at year in opiate abuse; Shapiro's in Brandon soon to close after 75 years; probe shows illegal online gun sales booming.
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: On this day in 1861, JEFFERSON DAVIS resigns from the U.S. Senate to become president of the Confederate States of America, in 1908, NYC passes law forbidding women from smoking in public; in 1968, B-52 crashes, loses H-bomb.