Woman indicted for distributing heroinApril 29,2014Woman indicted for
A 22-year-old Massachusetts woman has been indicted by a federal grand jury on charges she sold hundreds of bags of heroin in southeastern Vermont.
The U.S. attorney’s office said that Friday a not guilty plea was entered on behalf of Seanna Krasin of Holyoke, Mass.
She was indicted on two counts of heroin distribution.
Court records said the Vermont Drug Task Force used a confidential informant to buy 250 bags of heroin from Krasin in Springfield on April 7 and on April 10, 800 bags.
Prosecutors said the investigation found that between November and her arrest on April 10 she sold between 6,000 and 8,000 bags in Vermont.
Krasin was released on conditions.
Her attorney did not return a call seeking comment Monday.MORE IN This Just In
- Most Popular
- Most Emailed
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: On Jan. 31, 2002, Berkshire Armored Car Co. in Rutland's Howe Center was robbed of $1.9 million. Brent Curtis reports some of the surprising details he found in 10 years of FBI investigation files in a 5-part Herald series.
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: In 1835, deranged house painter attempts to kill Pres. Andrew Jackson; in 1969, Beatles play last live public performance on roof of Apple Corps building, London; in 1935, poet Richard Brautigan born in Tacoma, Washington.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: Maple syrup standards revised to match international standards; city must decide how best to use $300K in leftover sewer project money; Bryanna Allen reports on funding proposal for solar projects; local agency gets HUD money.
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: On this day in 1393, quick thinking teen girl saves King Charles IV of France from burning alive at masquerade ball; in 1760, Vermont town of Pownal created by N.H. Gov. Benning Wentworth; Canuplin, Filipino movie star, born.
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: On this day, 1700, Cascadia Earthquake, Magnitude 9 plus, strikes West Coast with tsunami effects felt as far away as Japan; in 1885, troops loyal to Sudanese Mohammad Ahmad conquer Khartoum; in 1992, Boris Yeltsin untargets U.S.
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: On this day in 971 AD, Southern Han war elephant corps defeated by Song Dynasty troops bowmen; in 1870, Montana, Marias massacre, U.S. kills 173 Native Americans; in 1941, Charles Lindbergh recommends neutrality pact with Nazis.