Woman indicted for distributing heroinApril 29,2014Woman indicted for
A 22-year-old Massachusetts woman has been indicted by a federal grand jury on charges she sold hundreds of bags of heroin in southeastern Vermont.
The U.S. attorney’s office said that Friday a not guilty plea was entered on behalf of Seanna Krasin of Holyoke, Mass.
She was indicted on two counts of heroin distribution.
Court records said the Vermont Drug Task Force used a confidential informant to buy 250 bags of heroin from Krasin in Springfield on April 7 and on April 10, 800 bags.
Prosecutors said the investigation found that between November and her arrest on April 10 she sold between 6,000 and 8,000 bags in Vermont.
Krasin was released on conditions.
Her attorney did not return a call seeking comment Monday.
- Most Popular
- Most Emailed
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Rutland Herald content editor Rich Alcott shares local weather information for Friday, July 25, and easily digestible news tidbits: Mysterious enormous hole in the Siberian tundra baffles scientists.
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Rutland Herald content editor Rich Alcott shares local weather information and easily digestible news tidbits: Ever wonder why the otherwise straight-lined Appalachian chain's got a big crimp in it in Pennsylvania and and New York?
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: Scott Milne opens campaign for governor's office, crime statistics fall in city, new home for homeless prevention center, traffic cameras are not watching you, capital panel hears testimony about protecting children.
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Rutland Herald content editor Rich Alcott shares local weather information and easily digestible news tidbits: America's feet getting bigger than ever, and Americans keep jamming their feet into small sized shoes. Wake up, America!
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: Vanessa Williams resigns from Miss America pageant after Bob Guccione publishes nude photos of her in Penthouse magazine and Hefner takes the high road; on this day in 1995, Alan Hale and Thomas Bopp discover a new comet.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: Brandon voters decide fate of proposed budget, calls to police for service on complaints have fallen to new low, city woman who spray painted a response to vandals on her sidewalk is cited for mischief.