Woman indicted for distributing heroinApril 29,2014Woman indicted for
A 22-year-old Massachusetts woman has been indicted by a federal grand jury on charges she sold hundreds of bags of heroin in southeastern Vermont.
The U.S. attorney’s office said that Friday a not guilty plea was entered on behalf of Seanna Krasin of Holyoke, Mass.
She was indicted on two counts of heroin distribution.
Court records said the Vermont Drug Task Force used a confidential informant to buy 250 bags of heroin from Krasin in Springfield on April 7 and on April 10, 800 bags.
Prosecutors said the investigation found that between November and her arrest on April 10 she sold between 6,000 and 8,000 bags in Vermont.
Krasin was released on conditions.
Her attorney did not return a call seeking comment Monday.MORE IN This Just In
- Most Popular
- Most Emailed
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: Well diggers in Cardiff, New York, find what is thought to be the petrified body of a 10-foot-tall man, perfectly preserved after thousands of years, which becomes a popular roadside attraction until proven to be a fake.
- Pittsford Haunted House
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: On this day in 1720, 'Calico Jack' Rackham, Caribbean pirate and early feminist, known for recruiting women to his crew and for fabric decorating skills after creating 'Jolly Roger' flag, is captured by the British Royal Navy.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: Vermont has a new state Supreme Court Justice; city hospital says it can save plenty by upgrading its lights and trucking in natural gas; Springfield has a new town manager, former West Rutland guy, Tom Yennerall.
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: On this day in 1307, King Phillip the Fair of France orders hundreds of Knights Templar rounded up and arrested, charged with heresy, tortured until they confess; on this day in 1917, thousands see miracle of Our Lady of Fatima.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: Solarfest likely to be on hold until at least 2016, Great Dane involved in theft of an $89,000 shotgun leads police to the thieves, PSB will not reopen VGS pipeline case, prosecutors want evidence in body-packing drug case.