Please vote yes. I am a graduate of the Rutland High School class of 2010. While I was in high school, I was fortunate enough to serve as the student representative to the School Board. During this time I witnessed firsthand the diligent work that the School Board does to present the city with a fair budget to both the city taxpayers and the children.
I am proud of the fact that I am from Rutland and am so thankful for the opportunities that the city provided me. During my time in the Rutland City Public Schools, I received the foundation of my education. The skills and knowledge I learned allowed me to be successful after graduation. I have just completed a degree in health sciences from Northeastern University in Boston. I will continue to conduct research in Boston post-graduation and then pursue a career in medicine. This dream and the ability to achieve these dreams all started in the Rutland City Public Schools.
I encourage all Rutland City voters to vote yes for the budget to provide the current generation of Rutland City children with the same opportunities that you gave to me.
RutlandMORE IN Letters
- Most Popular
- Most Emailed
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: On this day in 1618, English author, poet, soldier, adventurer Sir Walter Raleigh is beheaded for conspiring to overthrow King James I, but more likely to mollify offenses to Spain. His executioner has to implore him for silence.
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: On this day in 1492, Italian explorer, admiral of the ocean sea, Christopher Columbus, sailing for the Spanish crown, 'discovers' Cuba; on this day in 1964, U.S. officials deny American involvement in bombing North Vietnam.
- Video: Fire engulfs house on Pine Street
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: On this day in 1936, Mrs. Wallis Warfield Spencer Simpson, mistress of King Edward VIII, is granted her second divorce, enabling her to marry the king. The government, the Church of England and the London Times have another idea.
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: V-2 No. 13, launched this day in 1946 from White Sands, New Mexico, takes first photographs of Earth from the edge of the planet's outer atmosphere; 1947: Walt Disney testifies before HUAC, names employees he says are communists.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: Vermont's brand discussed at Killington, state's attorney candidates Marc Brierre and Rose Kennedy profiled, Curtis reports about Rutland police chief's new job, and four arrested, charged for heroin, crack sales.