State to auction
MONTPELIER — The state of Vermont is going to be auctioning off to the general public surplus vehicles and other equipment.
The Department of Buildings and General Services’ auction will be held beginning at 10 a.m. Saturday at the Agency of Transportation Central Garage located on Route 302 in Berlin.
Terry Lamos, state surplus property coordinator, said all vehicles will be sold to the highest bidder rain or shine.
Among the items that will be auctioned off include dump trucks, plow trucks, pickups, police cruisers, fleet passenger vehicles, cargo vans, box trucks, boats, four-wheelers, snowmobiles, kayaks, riding mowers, tools, tires, generators and miscellaneous parts.
Auction registration and vehicle previews will be held Friday and Saturday before the auction begins.MORE IN Vermont NewsThe former superintendent of the Caledonia Central Supervisory Union involved in the... Full Story
- Most Popular
- Most Emailed
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Rutland Herald content editor Rich Alcott shares local weather information and easily digestible news tidbits: A fiery pit nicknamed the 'Gate of Hell' in the Karakum desert in Turkmenistan has been burning for 40 years.
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: Workers on this day in 1984 in a Cheshire, England, peat bog find well-preserved human remains at least 2,000 years dead, born this day in 1843, Robert Todd Lincoln, eldest son of the president, present at three assassinations.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: osh O'Gorman reports on the impact of state budget cuts on state colleges, Rutland Town welcomes Donna Zeller as town clerk, Bryanna Allen in Killington for chili cookoff and Haley talks up the big Shrine game with N.H. and Vt.
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Rutland Herald content editor Rich Alcott shares local weather information and easily digestible news tidbits: Teddy Roosevelt makes Americans believe the poor, peace-loving, misunderstood piranha is a vicious, dangerous animal.
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: Teamsters leader Jimmy Hoffa disappears on this day in 1975, on this day in 2003, the last Volkswagen Type I, the Beetle, rolls off the assembly line in Mexico, Ambrose Bierce on the classifications of homicide.
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Seals have figured out fish they like to eat gather in schools around turbines in offshore wind farms. But the environment is not without hazards, maintenance vessels and noise pollution.