Police resume search for man missing since JanuaryThe Associated Press | May 06,2014PAWLET - Vermont and New York crews are searching along the banks of the Mettawee River near the border of the two states trying to find a 23-year-old man who has been missing since January.
Warm weather is making it possible today for dive teams and other officials from both states to participate in the search in Pawlet, Vermont, and Granville, N.Y.
More than 30 New York State Police recruits will be assisting with the ground search.
Jonathan Schaff was last seen early on Jan. 18 walking on Route 149 near the New York-Vermont line. Police say he had been involved in a fight in a Granville bar and suffered a head injury and broken glasses.
State Police from both states will continue to investigate along with the Granville Police Department.
- Most Popular
- Most Emailed
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: No charges to be filed inconnection with crash of city police cruiser, farmers group turn to Internet to raise money for solar project, Street Talk polls passersby about legal marijuana.
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: On this day in 1898, Nelson Miles leads American troops into Puerto Rico during Spanish-American War, Bob Dylan electrifies Newport Folk Festival in 1965, author and longshoreman Eric Hoffer born this day in 1902.
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Rutland Herald content editor Rich Alcott shares local weather information for Friday, July 25, and easily digestible news tidbits: Mysterious enormous hole in the Siberian tundra baffles scientists.
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Rutland Herald content editor Rich Alcott shares local weather information and easily digestible news tidbits: Ever wonder why the otherwise straight-lined Appalachian chain's got a big crimp in it in Pennsylvania and and New York?
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: Scott Milne opens campaign for governor's office, crime statistics fall in city, new home for homeless prevention center, traffic cameras are not watching you, capital panel hears testimony about protecting children.
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Rutland Herald content editor Rich Alcott shares local weather information and easily digestible news tidbits: America's feet getting bigger than ever, and Americans keep jamming their feet into small sized shoes. Wake up, America!