Louis D. DaigneaultMay 10,2014Louis D. Daigneault
The graveside service for Louis D. Daigneault, 79 of Rutland and a former resident of Middletown Springs who died Feb. 4, 2014 at the Rutland Regional Medical Center will be held 11 a.m. Friday, May 16, 2014 in the Pleasant View Cemetery. The Rev. Daniel Jordan pastor of the St. Annes Catholic Church in Middletown Springs will officiate.
Military Honors will be provided by the Vermont State Military Honor Guard.
Bearers are grandchildren Edward Gilman, Jr., Courtney Loomis, Hillary Gilman, Francis Gilman III and Melissa Alarie; and great-grandson Derek Gilman.
Arrangements were by the Aldous Funeral Home.
Memorial contributions may be made to the Rutland County Humane Society Inc., 765 Stevens Road, Pittsford, Vt. 05763 or to the Middletown Spring Fire Department, 8 Firehouse LN in Middletown Springs, VT 05757.
- Most Popular
- Most Emailed
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: Julius Caesar dedicates a temple to his mythical ancestor, Venus Genetrix; on this day in 1933, FBI agents in Memphis, Tennessee, arrest Machine Gun Kelly; Yves Rossi flies the English Channel with home-made jet-pack.
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: On this day in 1852, Henri Giffard demonstrates the first steam-powered airship, sailing 17 miles from Paris to Trappes; on this day in 1877, Japanese imperial troops crush the Satsuma Rebellion, Saigo Takamori dies in Kagoshima.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: U.S. Rep. Peter Welch meets with Killington business owners, governor candidates debate, Gov. Shumlin discusses progress in anti-opiate campaign, Spanos trial venue moves to White River Junction.
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: On this day in 1776, as Nathan Hale is hanged by British military authorities for spying, he utters his famous last words — or does he? In 1975, Sara Jane Moore attempts to kill President Gerald R. Ford in San Francisco.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: Patrick McArdle reports and the theft of an $89,000 shotgun, police release a video of the Monday Castleton robbery, O'Gorman reports a lawsuit by a local man claiming his vehicle unlawfully seized, police leave him in cold.
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: Giles Corey of Salem, Mass., is pressed to death during the Salem witch trials; on this day in 1952, film comedian Charlie Chaplin, while traveling to England, is denied re-entry into the United States by U.S. attorney general.