Man arrested in Castleton burglaryMay 16,2014CASTLETON — A local man has been charged with breaking into a convenience store on Route 30.
Castleton Police say they were called to the Jiffy Mart at 11 Route 30 last month for a complaint that someone had broken in.
At the store, police found a broken window at the rear of the store and the business office in disarray.
Officers also say they found blood near the broken glass and a wallet containing a photo ID.
On May 12, following an anonymous tip, police said they found and arrested 28-year-old Robert R. Petty at the Castleton Meadows.
Petty was issued a criminal citation to appear in Rutland criminal court to answer to a charge of burglary and unlawful mischief.MORE IN This Just In
- Most Popular
- Most Emailed
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: On this day in 1618, English author, poet, soldier, adventurer Sir Walter Raleigh is beheaded for conspiring to overthrow King James I, but more likely to mollify offenses to Spain. His executioner has to implore him for silence.
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: On this day in 1492, Italian explorer, admiral of the ocean sea, Christopher Columbus, sailing for the Spanish crown, 'discovers' Cuba; on this day in 1964, U.S. officials deny American involvement in bombing North Vietnam.
- Video: Fire engulfs house on Pine Street
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: On this day in 1936, Mrs. Wallis Warfield Spencer Simpson, mistress of King Edward VIII, is granted her second divorce, enabling her to marry the king. The government, the Church of England and the London Times have another idea.
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: V-2 No. 13, launched this day in 1946 from White Sands, New Mexico, takes first photographs of Earth from the edge of the planet's outer atmosphere; 1947: Walt Disney testifies before HUAC, names employees he says are communists.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: Vermont's brand discussed at Killington, state's attorney candidates Marc Brierre and Rose Kennedy profiled, Curtis reports about Rutland police chief's new job, and four arrested, charged for heroin, crack sales.