Clesson Hayes, Jr.June 03,2014Clesson Hayes Jr. Rites
FORESTDALE — The graveside committal service and burial, with military honors, for Clesson “Teddy” Hayes Jr., 75, who died Dec. 26, 2013, was held Monday, June 2, 2014, at Forestdale Cemetery.
The Rev. Margo Fletcher, rector of St. Thomas and Grace Episcopal churches officiated.
Violinist was Kevin Daly, and George Galvin was the soloist.
Military honors were accorded by members of Brandon American Legion Post #55, led by Sergeant at Arms Robert Gearwar.
Chaplain Bert Reynolds delivered a Legionnaire’s Service.
Paul Scott sounded taps.
Members of Vermont Army National Guard performed the flag ceremony. The American flag was presented to the widow.
Following the service the family received friends at Grace Episcopal Church fellowship hall for a time of remembrance.
Arrangements were under the direction of Miller & Ketcham Funeral Home in Brandon.
- Most Popular
- Most Emailed
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Rutland Herald content editor Rich Alcott shares local weather information and easily digestible news tidbits: When all the big mammals are rubbed out and a faint geologic memory, rats the size of human beings will stalk the Earth.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: National survey ranks Vermont kids' well-being in second place, Springfield takes up anti-loitering ordinance, Rutland debate taxis, Fair Haven woman is arrested in Rutland for prostitution.
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Rutland Herald content editor Rich Alcott shares local weather and news: Research scientists say schizophrenia and marijuana use linked. Are marijuana smokers schizophrenic or are schizophrenics more disposed toward marijuana use?
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: On this day in 365 CE, eastern Mediterranean rocked by high magnitude earthquake and tsunami, in 1865, Davis 'Little Dave' Tutt meets Wild Bill Hickock in Springfield, Mo., to settle differences.
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Rutland Herald content editor Rich Alcott shares local weather information and easily digestible news tidbits: Pesticides in soil and ground water are killing not only honey bees and other useful insects, but songbirds as well.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: Judge issues deposition order in for city police corporal's lawsuit against the department, market for marijuana-laced edibles en fuego in at least two states, West Rutland truck fire consumes all driver's earthly possessions.