• Church members escape blaze
    June 10,2014
    • Email Article
    •  
    •  Print Article
     
    Church members

    escape blaze

    GRAND ISLE — Vermont State Police say members of a church in Grand Isle safely escaped a fire that broke out in the basement during their services.

    Authorities said the fire at the United Methodist Church started after a deep fryer was left unattended. It happened at about 11:30 a.m. Sunday.

    The fire department extinguished the fire. There were no injuries.
    • Email Article
    •  
    •  Print Article
    2 Comments
    MORE IN Vermont News
    MONTPELIER — A requested recount of ballots cast in this month’s Democratic primary for one of... Full Story
    BARRE TOWN — It took several years and two trips to the Vermont Supreme Court, but a group of... Full Story
    SALT LAKE CITY — The utopian communities envisioned by a wealthy Mormon businessman near... Full Story
    Mormon church fights futuristic site in Vt.
    More Articles