• Church members escape blaze
    June 10,2014
    • Email Article
    •  
    •  Print Article
     
    Church members

    escape blaze

    GRAND ISLE — Vermont State Police say members of a church in Grand Isle safely escaped a fire that broke out in the basement during their services.

    Authorities said the fire at the United Methodist Church started after a deep fryer was left unattended. It happened at about 11:30 a.m. Sunday.

    The fire department extinguished the fire. There were no injuries.
    • Email Article
    •  
    •  Print Article
    2 Comments
    MORE IN Vermont News
    BARRE — Main Street was closed off for four hours Saturday morning so that once again race fans... Full Story
    Start your engines
Annual car show sets the stage for Thunder Road
    Republican gubernatorial candidate Bruce Lisman is calling for the state to stop pursuing a... Full Story
    MONTPELIER — A fragmented Vermont Supreme Court on Friday sided with developers of a major solar... Full Story
    More Articles