GRAND ISLE — Vermont State Police say members of a church in Grand Isle safely escaped a fire that broke out in the basement during their services.
Authorities said the fire at the United Methodist Church started after a deep fryer was left unattended. It happened at about 11:30 a.m. Sunday.
The fire department extinguished the fire. There were no injuries.MORE IN Vermont NewsMONTPELIER — Education officials in Vermont are pleased with a step taken by Congress to reduce... Full StoryMONTPELIER — House Speaker Shap Smith expects the state to move away from Vermont Health Connect ... Full Story
- Most Popular
- Most Emailed