• Church members escape blaze
    June 10,2014
    • Email Article
    •  
    •  Print Article
     
    Church members

    escape blaze

    GRAND ISLE ó Vermont State Police say members of a church in Grand Isle safely escaped a fire that broke out in the basement during their services.

    Authorities said the fire at the United Methodist Church started after a deep fryer was left unattended. It happened at about 11:30 a.m. Sunday.

    The fire department extinguished the fire. There were no injuries.
    • Email Article
    •  
    •  Print Article
    2 Comments
    MORE IN Vermont News
    The state is allowing Vermontís largest utility to continue accepting community-scale solar... Full Story
    WATERBURY ó Itís all about the heat, the sweet, the smoke, and the savory. Full Story
    Striking the barbecue balance
    MONTPELIER ó Gubernatorial candidate Bruce Lisman is challenging his rival for the Republican... Full Story
    More Articles