• Church members escape blaze
    June 10,2014
    • Email Article
    •  
    •  Print Article
     
    Church members

    escape blaze

    GRAND ISLE — Vermont State Police say members of a church in Grand Isle safely escaped a fire that broke out in the basement during their services.

    Authorities said the fire at the United Methodist Church started after a deep fryer was left unattended. It happened at about 11:30 a.m. Sunday.

    The fire department extinguished the fire. There were no injuries.
    • Email Article
    •  
    •  Print Article
    2 Comments
    MORE IN Vermont News
    BARRE — Police say a state employee involved in finances for the state’s health insurance... Full Story
    MONTPELIER — A bill seeking to clarify who can be classified by employers as an independent... Full Story
    MONTPELIER — House lawmakers are close to passing a bill that provides enhanced penalties for... Full Story
    More Articles