• Church members escape blaze
    June 10,2014
    • Email Article
    •  
    •  Print Article
     
    Church members

    escape blaze

    GRAND ISLE Vermont State Police say members of a church in Grand Isle safely escaped a fire that broke out in the basement during their services.

    Authorities said the fire at the United Methodist Church started after a deep fryer was left unattended. It happened at about 11:30 a.m. Sunday.

    The fire department extinguished the fire. There were no injuries.
    • Email Article
    •  
    •  Print Article
    2 Comments
    MORE IN Vermont News
    Gov. Peter Shumlin is doubling down on his call for the state to divest from fossil fuel companies. Full Story
    MONTPELIER Former National Association for the Advancement of Colored People President Ben... Full Story
    Sanders lands key endorsement
    MONTPELIER A bill intended to offer greater protections for workers with the Department for... Full Story
    More Articles