• Church members escape blaze
    June 10,2014
    • Email Article
    •  
    •  Print Article
     
    Church members

    escape blaze

    GRAND ISLE — Vermont State Police say members of a church in Grand Isle safely escaped a fire that broke out in the basement during their services.

    Authorities said the fire at the United Methodist Church started after a deep fryer was left unattended. It happened at about 11:30 a.m. Sunday.

    The fire department extinguished the fire. There were no injuries.
    • Email Article
    •  
    •  Print Article
    2 Comments
    MORE IN Vermont News
    SUNDERLAND — Holding a sandwich bag containing a squirming, Eastern red-spotted newt, Evan Grant... Full Story
    Saving salamanders: Searching for signs of a deadly fungus
    The Vermont Agency of Transportation has decided to yank a new seat belt safety ad from the... Full Story
    State pulls seat belt safety ad
    “Vermont is still at the bottom of the barrel when it comes to state support for higher education. Full Story
    More Articles