GRAND ISLE — Vermont State Police say members of a church in Grand Isle safely escaped a fire that broke out in the basement during their services.
Authorities said the fire at the United Methodist Church started after a deep fryer was left unattended. It happened at about 11:30 a.m. Sunday.
The fire department extinguished the fire. There were no injuries.MORE IN Vermont NewsMONTPELIER — Facing off in their last debate ahead of Tuesday’s midterm election, the top three... Full StorySHEFFIELD — Galway Kinnell — the former state poet laureate whose work used the landscape of... Full Story
- Most Popular
- Most Emailed
- Video: Fire engulfs house on Pine Street