Brandon hosts film, forum this weekJune 10,2014Brandon hosts film,
forum this week
BRANDON — “Drug Addiction: A Brandon Community Discussion” will be held today and Wednesday.
The town will again have an opportunity to see the documentary “The Hungry Heart,” from 7 to 9 p.m. tonight at the Brandon Town Hall. Wednesday, a public forum will be held from 6 to 8 p.m., at the Brandon Congregational Church Fellowship Hall.
“The Hungry Heart” provides a look at the often hidden world of prescription drug addiction through St. Albans pediatrician Fred Holmes, who works with patients struggling with this disease. Following the movie will be a question and answer session with Jessica Farnsworth from the West Ridge Treatment Center in Rutland and Mary Alice McKenzie from the Burlington Boys & Girls Club.
The public forum Tuesday, moderated by Bernie Carr, will focus on seven different discussion areas. The goal is to produce an action plan for the community.
For more information contact Sue Gage at 247- 3635 or email@example.com.MORE IN This Just InMONTPELIER — The state Public Service Board has ordered Vermont Gas Systems to stop digging... Full StoryBRANDON – The Select Board on Monday night took another stab at cobbling together a budget,... Full Story
- Most Popular
- Most Emailed
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Rutland Herald content editor Rich Alcott shares local weather information and easily digestible news tidbits: Archaeologists find a leather shoe in a cave in Armenia that predates the Pyramids by more than a thousand years.
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: On this day in 1932, President Hoover orders the Army to evict bonus marchers from Anacostia Flats; author Malcolm Lowry born this day, as is Jackie Kennedy and Mike Bloomfield; Stephen Crane on consuming one's own heart.
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Rutland Herald content editor Rich Alcott shares local weather information and easily digestible news tidbits: Earth barely avoids being blasted by immense solar flare in 2012, astrophysicists say next time might not be so lucky.
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: On this day in 1898, Nelson Miles leads American troops into Puerto Rico during Spanish-American War, Bob Dylan electrifies Newport Folk Festival in 1965, author and longshoreman Eric Hoffer born this day in 1902.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: No charges to be filed inconnection with crash of city police cruiser, farmers group turn to Internet to raise money for solar project, Street Talk polls passersby about legal marijuana.
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Rutland Herald content editor Rich Alcott shares local weather information for Friday, July 25, and easily digestible news tidbits: Mysterious enormous hole in the Siberian tundra baffles scientists.