Brandon hosts film, forum this weekJune 10,2014Brandon hosts film,
forum this week
BRANDON — “Drug Addiction: A Brandon Community Discussion” will be held today and Wednesday.
The town will again have an opportunity to see the documentary “The Hungry Heart,” from 7 to 9 p.m. tonight at the Brandon Town Hall. Wednesday, a public forum will be held from 6 to 8 p.m., at the Brandon Congregational Church Fellowship Hall.
“The Hungry Heart” provides a look at the often hidden world of prescription drug addiction through St. Albans pediatrician Fred Holmes, who works with patients struggling with this disease. Following the movie will be a question and answer session with Jessica Farnsworth from the West Ridge Treatment Center in Rutland and Mary Alice McKenzie from the Burlington Boys & Girls Club.
The public forum Tuesday, moderated by Bernie Carr, will focus on seven different discussion areas. The goal is to produce an action plan for the community.
For more information contact Sue Gage at 247- 3635 or email@example.com.MORE IN This Just InMONTPELIER — The 22 water systems in Vermont that draw from Lake Champlain are participating in a... Full StoryJOHANNESBURG — When Cecil the lion’s carcass was finally found after he was lured out of a... Full Story
- Most Popular
- Most Emailed
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: On this day 1739, 'Richard Palmer' identified in prison at York Castle as the notorious outlaw DICK TURPIN; IN 1836, Battle of the Alamo begins near San Antonio de Bexar, Texas; 1896, the Tootsie Roll invented by LEO HIRSCHFELD.
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: On this day in 1472, Orkney, Shetland islands put up as collateral by Norway to Scotland in lieu of dowry for MARGARET OF DENMARK on her marriage with JAMES III, king of Scotland; 1962, JOHN GLENN first American to orbit Earth.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: City mayoral candidates debate campaign issues; Hartford, Conn., woman still missing; Neal Goswami reports attempts to legislate suicide; local woman loses 100 pounds through TOPS program.
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: On this day in 1878, JOHN TUNSTALL murdered near Lincoln, New Mexico, by the outlaw JESSE EVANS; in 1930, ELM FARM OLLIE first cow to fly in aircraft, first to be milked airborne; 1955, nuke test WASP; '79, snow in Sahara.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: Rutland Herald News Editor Alan J. Keays and staff writer Gordon Dritschilo discuss stories planned for the February 18, 2015, edition of the newspaper: Winter budgets maxed, legal marijuana, Springfield bank job, USPS slowdown
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: On this day in 1249 AD, ANDRE of LONGJUMEAU is dispatched by LOUIS IX of France to meet the KHAGAN, ruler of the Mongol Empire; in 1804, during 1st Barbary War, STEPHEN DECATUR scuttles the pirate-held USS Philadelphia in Tripoli.