Brandon hosts film, forum this weekJune 10,2014Brandon hosts film,
forum this week
BRANDON — “Drug Addiction: A Brandon Community Discussion” will be held today and Wednesday.
The town will again have an opportunity to see the documentary “The Hungry Heart,” from 7 to 9 p.m. tonight at the Brandon Town Hall. Wednesday, a public forum will be held from 6 to 8 p.m., at the Brandon Congregational Church Fellowship Hall.
“The Hungry Heart” provides a look at the often hidden world of prescription drug addiction through St. Albans pediatrician Fred Holmes, who works with patients struggling with this disease. Following the movie will be a question and answer session with Jessica Farnsworth from the West Ridge Treatment Center in Rutland and Mary Alice McKenzie from the Burlington Boys & Girls Club.
The public forum Tuesday, moderated by Bernie Carr, will focus on seven different discussion areas. The goal is to produce an action plan for the community.
For more information contact Sue Gage at 247- 3635 or email@example.com.MORE IN This Just InSki area operators in Vermont and across northern New England were giddy Wednesday at the... Full Story
- Most Popular
- Most Emailed
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: On this day in 1778, Capt. James Cook is first European to set eyes on Maui in Hawaiian Islands; 1922, Pharoah Tutankhamun found after 3000 years; 1909, Hollawood movie star Frances Dee born in Los Angeles.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: Hazmat unit called downtown, Boys & Girls Club hosts dinner for members and families, Secret Santa back on the beat, city discusses runoff problem on Mayfield Road, Brandon gets creative about fixes to town roads, sidewalks.
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: In 1944, U.S. begins B-29 bombing raids on Japanese main islands; in 1950, Great Appalachian Storm begins to form; 1963, Lee Oswald killed by Jack Ruby; 1974, D.B. Cooper hijacks Seattle-bound airliner; 1974, 'Lucy' found.
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: On this day in 1927, striking Colo. miners attacked with machine guns by state police; 1877, Thomas Edison announces invention of the phonograph, 1959, Alan Freed fired by WABC 770 AM for accepting payola to promote records.
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: On this day in 1863, President Abraham Lincoln delivers short speech in Gettysburg, Pa.; in 1984, a Pemex LNG facility destroyed by series of gas explosions, 600 people are killed; in 1998, Senate builds fire under Bill Clinton.
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: On this day in 1831 – Independent South American super-state, Gran Colombia, dissolved; 1856 - Fort Buchanan built to control Apache warriors; 1970 - William Calley Jr. goes on trial after 1968 massacre at My Lai, Vietnam.