Brandon hosts film, forum this weekJune 10,2014Brandon hosts film,
forum this week
BRANDON — “Drug Addiction: A Brandon Community Discussion” will be held today and Wednesday.
The town will again have an opportunity to see the documentary “The Hungry Heart,” from 7 to 9 p.m. tonight at the Brandon Town Hall. Wednesday, a public forum will be held from 6 to 8 p.m., at the Brandon Congregational Church Fellowship Hall.
“The Hungry Heart” provides a look at the often hidden world of prescription drug addiction through St. Albans pediatrician Fred Holmes, who works with patients struggling with this disease. Following the movie will be a question and answer session with Jessica Farnsworth from the West Ridge Treatment Center in Rutland and Mary Alice McKenzie from the Burlington Boys & Girls Club.
The public forum Tuesday, moderated by Bernie Carr, will focus on seven different discussion areas. The goal is to produce an action plan for the community.
For more information contact Sue Gage at 247- 3635 or email@example.com.
- Most Popular
- Most Emailed
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: On this day in 1927, striking Colo. miners attacked with machine guns by state police; 1877, Thomas Edison announces invention of the phonograph, 1959, Alan Freed fired by WABC 770 AM for accepting payola to promote records.
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: On this day in 1863, President Abraham Lincoln delivers short speech in Gettysburg, Pa.; in 1984, a Pemex LNG facility destroyed by series of gas explosions, 600 people are killed; in 1998, Senate builds fire under Bill Clinton.
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: On this day in 1831 – Independent South American super-state, Gran Colombia, dissolved; 1856 - Fort Buchanan built to control Apache warriors; 1970 - William Calley Jr. goes on trial after 1968 massacre at My Lai, Vietnam.
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: Wisconsin Sen. Joe McCarthy takes advantage of Cold War jitters and builds a tidy little fiefdom for himself on Capitol Hill. It's all good, but pride goes before you know darn well what. The junior senator is damaged going down.
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: On this day in 1927, Leon Trotsky is expelled from the Soviet Communist Party, leaving Joseph Stalin in control of the Soviet Union; in 1970, Oregon DOT tries to dynamite a dead whale off a beach with a rather shocking result.
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: In 1972, Southern Airways Flight 49 is hijacked, the crew and passengers held for ransom. The hijackers want $10 million and passage to Cuba. In 2007, in Santiago, Chile, King Juan Carlos of Spain loses patience with Hugo Chavez.