Bruce B. MurrayJune 14,2014
Bruce B. Murray
Bruce B. Murray, 76, of Perkinsville, VT, passed away May 27, 2014.
Born in Barre, VT, Bruce was adopted by C.A. and Betty Murray. They moved from Ridgewood, N.J., in 1942 and settled into Weathersfield, VT. Bruce attended the Amsden School, Cardigan Mountain School and Springfield High School. He graduated from the University of Northern Colorado in 1968 with a B.S. degree in Speech Pathology.
He was a Speech Therapist for the Montville School system in Montville, CT. Bruce returned home to VT and eventually started his own firm, “Anytime Maintenance” and worked in the Springfield area. Bruce was a long time member of the Weathersfield Snowmobile Club and VAST. He also operated a Bed and Breakfast for a short time.
Bruce enjoyed wonderful vacations on Lake Champlain at the family cabin with family and friends. He also loved to recount his time spent on Captiva Island with his mother and his recent trip to Alaska.
Bruce is predeceased by his parents, C.A. and Betty Murray and his brother, Wallace. He leaves behind his sister, Barbara Murray, his cousin, Jodi Joyce and his loving furry companions, Lexi and Leo. He will be missed by his loving friends, Pat and Vicki Walsh and family, and Jeff and Lisa Strong and their family.
A celebration of life will be held at Perkinsville Community Church on June 28, 2014 at 1:00 p.m. Donations in his memory can be made to the Springfield Humane Society.
- Most Popular
- Most Emailed
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: Teamsters leader Jimmy Hoffa disappears on this day in 1975, on this day in 2003, the last Volkswagen Type I, the Beetle, rolls off the assembly line in Mexico, Ambrose Bierce on the classifications of homicide.
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Seals have figured out fish they like to eat gather in schools around turbines in offshore wind farms. But the environment is not without hazards, maintenance vessels and noise pollution.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: Vermont Yankee announces final day of nuclear power generation in Vermont, storm brings floods back to Chester, Castleton town manager to resign office, chronic offender sentenced to 25 years for sexual assault.
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Rutland Herald content editor Rich Alcott shares local weather information and easily digestible news tidbits: Archaeologists find a leather shoe in a cave in Armenia that predates the Pyramids by more than a thousand years.
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: On this day in 1932, President Hoover orders the Army to evict bonus marchers from Anacostia Flats; author Malcolm Lowry born this day, as is Jackie Kennedy and Mike Bloomfield; Stephen Crane on consuming one's own heart.
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Rutland Herald content editor Rich Alcott shares local weather information and easily digestible news tidbits: Earth barely avoids being blasted by immense solar flare in 2012, astrophysicists say next time might not be so lucky.