Police: Woman drove drunk with kids in carJune 21,2014Police: Woman DUI
with kids in car
MANCHESTER ó A North Rupert woman was cited for four counts of child endangerment after she was stopped and charged with driving under the influence of alcohol while her four children, all younger than 15, were in the vehicle, according to police.
Carol Rock, 32, of North Rupert, was also cited for drunk driving and driving with a criminally suspended license, according to a press release from Trooper Justin Walker of the Vermont State Police.
Walker said Rock was stopped on Depot Street in Manchester on Thursday around 9 p.m. for a defective headlight.
According to Walker, Rockís driverís license was suspended after she was convicted of driving under the influence of alcohol in 2012.
Walker said Rock failed the field sobriety exercises he administered after the stop.
One of the children was sitting without a seatbelt or any safety restraint in the cargo area of the sports utility vehicle Rock was driving.
Rock is scheduled to appear in Bennington criminal court July 7.
- Most Popular
- Most Emailed
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: On this day in 1927, striking Colo. miners attacked with machine guns by state police; 1877, Thomas Edison announces invention of the phonograph, 1959, Alan Freed fired by WABC 770 AM for accepting payola to promote records.
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: On this day in 1863, President Abraham Lincoln delivers short speech in Gettysburg, Pa.; in 1984, a Pemex LNG facility destroyed by series of gas explosions, 600 people are killed; in 1998, Senate builds fire under Bill Clinton.
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: On this day in 1831 – Independent South American super-state, Gran Colombia, dissolved; 1856 - Fort Buchanan built to control Apache warriors; 1970 - William Calley Jr. goes on trial after 1968 massacre at My Lai, Vietnam.
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: Wisconsin Sen. Joe McCarthy takes advantage of Cold War jitters and builds a tidy little fiefdom for himself on Capitol Hill. It's all good, but pride goes before you know darn well what. The junior senator is damaged going down.
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: On this day in 1927, Leon Trotsky is expelled from the Soviet Communist Party, leaving Joseph Stalin in control of the Soviet Union; in 1970, Oregon DOT tries to dynamite a dead whale off a beach with a rather shocking result.
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: In 1972, Southern Airways Flight 49 is hijacked, the crew and passengers held for ransom. The hijackers want $10 million and passage to Cuba. In 2007, in Santiago, Chile, King Juan Carlos of Spain loses patience with Hugo Chavez.