Police: Woman drove drunk with kids in carJune 21,2014Police: Woman DUI
with kids in car
MANCHESTER ó A North Rupert woman was cited for four counts of child endangerment after she was stopped and charged with driving under the influence of alcohol while her four children, all younger than 15, were in the vehicle, according to police.
Carol Rock, 32, of North Rupert, was also cited for drunk driving and driving with a criminally suspended license, according to a press release from Trooper Justin Walker of the Vermont State Police.
Walker said Rock was stopped on Depot Street in Manchester on Thursday around 9 p.m. for a defective headlight.
According to Walker, Rockís driverís license was suspended after she was convicted of driving under the influence of alcohol in 2012.
Walker said Rock failed the field sobriety exercises he administered after the stop.
One of the children was sitting without a seatbelt or any safety restraint in the cargo area of the sports utility vehicle Rock was driving.
Rock is scheduled to appear in Bennington criminal court July 7.
- Most Popular
- Most Emailed
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: Well diggers in Cardiff, New York, find what is thought to be the petrified body of a 10-foot-tall man, perfectly preserved after thousands of years, which becomes a popular roadside attraction until proven to be a fake.
- Pittsford Haunted House
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: On this day in 1720, 'Calico Jack' Rackham, Caribbean pirate and early feminist, known for recruiting women to his crew and for fabric decorating skills after creating 'Jolly Roger' flag, is captured by the British Royal Navy.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: Vermont has a new state Supreme Court Justice; city hospital says it can save plenty by upgrading its lights and trucking in natural gas; Springfield has a new town manager, former West Rutland guy, Tom Yennerall.
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: On this day in 1307, King Phillip the Fair of France orders hundreds of Knights Templar rounded up and arrested, charged with heresy, tortured until they confess; on this day in 1917, thousands see miracle of Our Lady of Fatima.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: Solarfest likely to be on hold until at least 2016, Great Dane involved in theft of an $89,000 shotgun leads police to the thieves, PSB will not reopen VGS pipeline case, prosecutors want evidence in body-packing drug case.