Police investigating truck in parking lot on Woodstock Avenue in RutlandJuly 02,2014
Police gathered in the parking lot at Home Depot earlier today. It is unclear what they were investigating.
Police and federal agents are keeping the public away from a field near Home Depot in Rutland Town pic.twitter.com/CvEa9AZ9uX— Brent Curtis (@RH_crime) July 2, 2014
State police, some carrying machine guns, say the case the situation at Home Depot is being handled by Federal ATF pic.twitter.com/NITH9ircGm— Brent Curtis (@RH_crime) July 2, 2014
Police are examining a blue truck parked in the field. No subjects seen in custody. No ambulance at the scene pic.twitter.com/EfjlUB11aC— Brent Curtis (@RH_crime) July 2, 2014
State police Capt. Donald Patch: no risk to public at Home Depot scene— Brent Curtis (@RH_crime) July 2, 2014
- Most Popular
- Most Emailed
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: On this day in 1520, Ferdinand Magellan is first European to navigate passage that bears his name from the Atlantic to the Pacific sea; in 1582, Will Shakespeare, Anne Hathaway secure their marriage license with 40 pound bond.
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: On this day in 1778, Capt. James Cook is first European to set eyes on Maui in Hawaiian Islands; 1922, Pharoah Tutankhamun found after 3000 years; 1909, Hollawood movie star Frances Dee born in Los Angeles.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: Hazmat unit called downtown, Boys & Girls Club hosts dinner for members and families, Secret Santa back on the beat, city discusses runoff problem on Mayfield Road, Brandon gets creative about fixes to town roads, sidewalks.
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: In 1944, U.S. begins B-29 bombing raids on Japanese main islands; in 1950, Great Appalachian Storm begins to form; 1963, Lee Oswald killed by Jack Ruby; 1974, D.B. Cooper hijacks Seattle-bound airliner; 1974, 'Lucy' found.
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: On this day in 1927, striking Colo. miners attacked with machine guns by state police; 1877, Thomas Edison announces invention of the phonograph, 1959, Alan Freed fired by WABC 770 AM for accepting payola to promote records.
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: On this day in 1863, President Abraham Lincoln delivers short speech in Gettysburg, Pa.; in 1984, a Pemex LNG facility destroyed by series of gas explosions, 600 people are killed; in 1998, Senate builds fire under Bill Clinton.