Police investigating truck in parking lot on Woodstock Avenue in RutlandJuly 02,2014
Police gathered in the parking lot at Home Depot earlier today. It is unclear what they were investigating.
Police and federal agents are keeping the public away from a field near Home Depot in Rutland Town pic.twitter.com/CvEa9AZ9uX— Brent Curtis (@RH_crime) July 2, 2014
State police, some carrying machine guns, say the case the situation at Home Depot is being handled by Federal ATF pic.twitter.com/NITH9ircGm— Brent Curtis (@RH_crime) July 2, 2014
Police are examining a blue truck parked in the field. No subjects seen in custody. No ambulance at the scene pic.twitter.com/EfjlUB11aC— Brent Curtis (@RH_crime) July 2, 2014
State police Capt. Donald Patch: no risk to public at Home Depot scene— Brent Curtis (@RH_crime) July 2, 2014MORE IN This Just InWASHINGTON — Congress ran full-tilt into election-year gridlock over immigration Thursday and... Full StoryREADSBORO — A longtime feud between neighbors may have led to an incident last month during which... Full Story
- Most Popular
- Most Emailed
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Rutland Herald content editor Rich Alcott shares local weather information and easily digestible news tidbits: A fiery pit nicknamed the 'Gate of Hell' in the Karakum desert in Turkmenistan has been burning for 40 years.
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: Workers on this day in 1984 in a Cheshire, England, peat bog find well-preserved human remains at least 2,000 years dead, born this day in 1843, Robert Todd Lincoln, eldest son of the president, present at three assassinations.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: osh O'Gorman reports on the impact of state budget cuts on state colleges, Rutland Town welcomes Donna Zeller as town clerk, Bryanna Allen in Killington for chili cookoff and Haley talks up the big Shrine game with N.H. and Vt.
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Rutland Herald content editor Rich Alcott shares local weather information and easily digestible news tidbits: Teddy Roosevelt makes Americans believe the poor, peace-loving, misunderstood piranha is a vicious, dangerous animal.
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: Teamsters leader Jimmy Hoffa disappears on this day in 1975, on this day in 2003, the last Volkswagen Type I, the Beetle, rolls off the assembly line in Mexico, Ambrose Bierce on the classifications of homicide.
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Seals have figured out fish they like to eat gather in schools around turbines in offshore wind farms. But the environment is not without hazards, maintenance vessels and noise pollution.