Police investigating truck in parking lot on Woodstock Avenue in RutlandJuly 02,2014
Police gathered in the parking lot at Home Depot earlier today. It is unclear what they were investigating.
Police and federal agents are keeping the public away from a field near Home Depot in Rutland Town pic.twitter.com/CvEa9AZ9uX— Brent Curtis (@RH_crime) July 2, 2014
State police, some carrying machine guns, say the case the situation at Home Depot is being handled by Federal ATF pic.twitter.com/NITH9ircGm— Brent Curtis (@RH_crime) July 2, 2014
Police are examining a blue truck parked in the field. No subjects seen in custody. No ambulance at the scene pic.twitter.com/EfjlUB11aC— Brent Curtis (@RH_crime) July 2, 2014
State police Capt. Donald Patch: no risk to public at Home Depot scene— Brent Curtis (@RH_crime) July 2, 2014
- Most Popular
- Most Emailed
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: On this day in 1927, striking Colo. miners attacked with machine guns by state police; 1877, Thomas Edison announces invention of the phonograph, 1959, Alan Freed fired by WABC 770 AM for accepting payola to promote records.
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: On this day in 1863, President Abraham Lincoln delivers short speech in Gettysburg, Pa.; in 1984, a Pemex LNG facility destroyed by series of gas explosions, 600 people are killed; in 1998, Senate builds fire under Bill Clinton.
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: On this day in 1831 – Independent South American super-state, Gran Colombia, dissolved; 1856 - Fort Buchanan built to control Apache warriors; 1970 - William Calley Jr. goes on trial after 1968 massacre at My Lai, Vietnam.
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: Wisconsin Sen. Joe McCarthy takes advantage of Cold War jitters and builds a tidy little fiefdom for himself on Capitol Hill. It's all good, but pride goes before you know darn well what. The junior senator is damaged going down.
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: On this day in 1927, Leon Trotsky is expelled from the Soviet Communist Party, leaving Joseph Stalin in control of the Soviet Union; in 1970, Oregon DOT tries to dynamite a dead whale off a beach with a rather shocking result.
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: In 1972, Southern Airways Flight 49 is hijacked, the crew and passengers held for ransom. The hijackers want $10 million and passage to Cuba. In 2007, in Santiago, Chile, King Juan Carlos of Spain loses patience with Hugo Chavez.