Police investigating truck in parking lot on Woodstock Avenue in RutlandJuly 02,2014
Police gathered in the parking lot at Home Depot earlier today. It is unclear what they were investigating.
Police and federal agents are keeping the public away from a field near Home Depot in Rutland Town pic.twitter.com/CvEa9AZ9uX— Brent Curtis (@RH_crime) July 2, 2014
State police, some carrying machine guns, say the case the situation at Home Depot is being handled by Federal ATF pic.twitter.com/NITH9ircGm— Brent Curtis (@RH_crime) July 2, 2014
Police are examining a blue truck parked in the field. No subjects seen in custody. No ambulance at the scene pic.twitter.com/EfjlUB11aC— Brent Curtis (@RH_crime) July 2, 2014
State police Capt. Donald Patch: no risk to public at Home Depot scene— Brent Curtis (@RH_crime) July 2, 2014MORE IN This Just InWas the response to an alleged assault at College of St. Full Story
- Most Popular
- Most Emailed
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: On this day 1739, 'Richard Palmer' identified in prison at York Castle as the notorious outlaw DICK TURPIN; IN 1836, Battle of the Alamo begins near San Antonio de Bexar, Texas; 1896, the Tootsie Roll invented by LEO HIRSCHFELD.
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: On this day in 1472, Orkney, Shetland islands put up as collateral by Norway to Scotland in lieu of dowry for MARGARET OF DENMARK on her marriage with JAMES III, king of Scotland; 1962, JOHN GLENN first American to orbit Earth.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: City mayoral candidates debate campaign issues; Hartford, Conn., woman still missing; Neal Goswami reports attempts to legislate suicide; local woman loses 100 pounds through TOPS program.
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: On this day in 1878, JOHN TUNSTALL murdered near Lincoln, New Mexico, by the outlaw JESSE EVANS; in 1930, ELM FARM OLLIE first cow to fly in aircraft, first to be milked airborne; 1955, nuke test WASP; '79, snow in Sahara.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: Rutland Herald News Editor Alan J. Keays and staff writer Gordon Dritschilo discuss stories planned for the February 18, 2015, edition of the newspaper: Winter budgets maxed, legal marijuana, Springfield bank job, USPS slowdown
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: On this day in 1249 AD, ANDRE of LONGJUMEAU is dispatched by LOUIS IX of France to meet the KHAGAN, ruler of the Mongol Empire; in 1804, during 1st Barbary War, STEPHEN DECATUR scuttles the pirate-held USS Philadelphia in Tripoli.