Three teenagers kidnapped and murdered by the terrorist organization Hamas deserve our moral, political outrage and response.
Our president and the first lady found the time to express and engage the media when Trayvon Martin was killed. Mr. Obama noted Trayvon could have been his son. Both joined a media campaign for the kidnapped school girls in Africa. Neither put the same effort or focus on these three boys, one a United States citizen. Mr. Leahy, our senator is virtually silent.
The terrorist’s barbarism is the mother source for the lack of resolution. Our secretary of state, Mr. Kerry, asks for calm in the response to this deplorable crime.
The silence and tepid response of our representatives is shameful. The mournful wails of the families and all those who find the pain and loss of these three children will not go unheard.
They could have been my sons. They could have been yours.
ELLEN L. OPPENHEIMER
BomoseenMORE IN Letters
- Most Popular
- Most Emailed
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: Well diggers in Cardiff, New York, find what is thought to be the petrified body of a 10-foot-tall man, perfectly preserved after thousands of years, which becomes a popular roadside attraction until proven to be a fake.
- Pittsford Haunted House
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: On this day in 1720, 'Calico Jack' Rackham, Caribbean pirate and early feminist, known for recruiting women to his crew and for fabric decorating skills after creating 'Jolly Roger' flag, is captured by the British Royal Navy.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: Vermont has a new state Supreme Court Justice; city hospital says it can save plenty by upgrading its lights and trucking in natural gas; Springfield has a new town manager, former West Rutland guy, Tom Yennerall.
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: On this day in 1307, King Phillip the Fair of France orders hundreds of Knights Templar rounded up and arrested, charged with heresy, tortured until they confess; on this day in 1917, thousands see miracle of Our Lady of Fatima.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: Solarfest likely to be on hold until at least 2016, Great Dane involved in theft of an $89,000 shotgun leads police to the thieves, PSB will not reopen VGS pipeline case, prosecutors want evidence in body-packing drug case.