Man dies from injuries after lawnmower crashJuly 07,2014By Brent Curtis
A Bristol, Conn., man died Friday afternoon from injuries received in a lawn mower crash in Mount Holly last week, according to Vermont State Police.
George Lynn, 54, was driving a John Deer Lawn Mower on Bowlsville Road North just after 1 a.m. on Wednesday when the mower went off the road and crashed down an embankment.
Lynn was taken first to Rutland Regional Medical Center for treatment of serious head injuries and then to Fletcher Allen Health Care where he was pronounced dead at 1:45 p.m. Friday.
The cause of the crash is unclear but state police Lt. Charles Cacciatore, commander of the Rutland barracks, said alcohol was believed to be a factor.
- Most Popular
- Most Emailed
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: Jim Jeffords' legacy, Brandon takes a few questions about proposed budget, beleaguered city playground likely to move, woman awakes to find strange man with knives standing at her bedside.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: Former U.S. Senator James Jeffords dies Monday in Washington D.C., a local man is beaten and robbed while walking on West Street, Clarendon sets a tax rate and Brandon convenes an informational public meeting about its budget.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: State panel briefed on smuggling drugs into prisons; new French-German documentary about Vermont's heroin addiction; solar project at Vets Home falls apart; update dispute between Open Door Mission and treatment center.
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Climatologists might not know as much about El Nino as they thought they knew. New studies show 10,000 years ago, El Nino was active, and polar ice sheets were rapidly melting — just like today.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: State colleges get a budget cut break, vandals spray paint Wallingford basketball court, state's attorney will replace lost deputies, cop lawsuit proceeds, Mendon mini-golf proposal makes headway.