Man dies from injuries after lawnmower crashJuly 07,2014By Brent Curtis
A Bristol, Conn., man died Friday afternoon from injuries received in a lawn mower crash in Mount Holly last week, according to Vermont State Police.
George Lynn, 54, was driving a John Deer Lawn Mower on Bowlsville Road North just after 1 a.m. on Wednesday when the mower went off the road and crashed down an embankment.
Lynn was taken first to Rutland Regional Medical Center for treatment of serious head injuries and then to Fletcher Allen Health Care where he was pronounced dead at 1:45 p.m. Friday.
The cause of the crash is unclear but state police Lt. Charles Cacciatore, commander of the Rutland barracks, said alcohol was believed to be a factor.
- Most Popular
- Most Emailed
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: On this day in 1618, English author, poet, soldier, adventurer Sir Walter Raleigh is beheaded for conspiring to overthrow King James I, but more likely to mollify offenses to Spain. His executioner has to implore him for silence.
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: On this day in 1492, Italian explorer, admiral of the ocean sea, Christopher Columbus, sailing for the Spanish crown, 'discovers' Cuba; on this day in 1964, U.S. officials deny American involvement in bombing North Vietnam.
- Video: Fire engulfs house on Pine Street
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: On this day in 1936, Mrs. Wallis Warfield Spencer Simpson, mistress of King Edward VIII, is granted her second divorce, enabling her to marry the king. The government, the Church of England and the London Times have another idea.
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: V-2 No. 13, launched this day in 1946 from White Sands, New Mexico, takes first photographs of Earth from the edge of the planet's outer atmosphere; 1947: Walt Disney testifies before HUAC, names employees he says are communists.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: Vermont's brand discussed at Killington, state's attorney candidates Marc Brierre and Rose Kennedy profiled, Curtis reports about Rutland police chief's new job, and four arrested, charged for heroin, crack sales.