Man dies from injuries after lawnmower crashJuly 07,2014By Brent Curtis
A Bristol, Conn., man died Friday afternoon from injuries received in a lawn mower crash in Mount Holly last week, according to Vermont State Police.
George Lynn, 54, was driving a John Deer Lawn Mower on Bowlsville Road North just after 1 a.m. on Wednesday when the mower went off the road and crashed down an embankment.
Lynn was taken first to Rutland Regional Medical Center for treatment of serious head injuries and then to Fletcher Allen Health Care where he was pronounced dead at 1:45 p.m. Friday.
The cause of the crash is unclear but state police Lt. Charles Cacciatore, commander of the Rutland barracks, said alcohol was believed to be a factor.MORE IN This Just In
- Most Popular
- Most Emailed
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: Acclaimed illusionist & escape artist Harry Houdini, performing in Montreal in 1926, is sucker-punched by a McGill University student. Houdini doesn't know he has peritonitis - the punches are possible factor in his Oct. 31 death.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: Rutland Police Chief James Baker to resign from the force at the end of the year to take a job in Washington, D.C., jury remains out in teacher killing murder trial, Rec Dept. releases report on what's wrong with White's Pool.
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: Well diggers in Cardiff, New York, find what is thought to be the petrified body of a 10-foot-tall man, perfectly preserved after thousands of years, which becomes a popular roadside attraction until proven to be a fake.
- Pittsford Haunted House
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: On this day in 1720, 'Calico Jack' Rackham, Caribbean pirate and early feminist, known for recruiting women to his crew and for fabric decorating skills after creating 'Jolly Roger' flag, is captured by the British Royal Navy.
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: On this day in 1307, King Phillip the Fair of France orders hundreds of Knights Templar rounded up and arrested, charged with heresy, tortured until they confess; on this day in 1917, thousands see miracle of Our Lady of Fatima.