Man dies from injuries after lawnmower crashJuly 07,2014By Brent Curtis
A Bristol, Conn., man died Friday afternoon from injuries received in a lawn mower crash in Mount Holly last week, according to Vermont State Police.
George Lynn, 54, was driving a John Deer Lawn Mower on Bowlsville Road North just after 1 a.m. on Wednesday when the mower went off the road and crashed down an embankment.
Lynn was taken first to Rutland Regional Medical Center for treatment of serious head injuries and then to Fletcher Allen Health Care where he was pronounced dead at 1:45 p.m. Friday.
The cause of the crash is unclear but state police Lt. Charles Cacciatore, commander of the Rutland barracks, said alcohol was believed to be a factor.MORE IN This Just In
- Most Popular
- Most Emailed
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Rutland Herald content editor Rich Alcott shares local weather information and easily digestible news tidbits: When all the big mammals are rubbed out and a faint geologic memory, rats the size of human beings will stalk the Earth.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: National survey ranks Vermont kids' well-being in second place, Springfield takes up anti-loitering ordinance, Rutland debate taxis, Fair Haven woman is arrested in Rutland for prostitution.
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Rutland Herald content editor Rich Alcott shares local weather and news: Research scientists say schizophrenia and marijuana use linked. Are marijuana smokers schizophrenic or are schizophrenics more disposed toward marijuana use?
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: On this day in 365 CE, eastern Mediterranean rocked by high magnitude earthquake and tsunami, in 1865, Davis 'Little Dave' Tutt meets Wild Bill Hickock in Springfield, Mo., to settle differences.
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Rutland Herald content editor Rich Alcott shares local weather information and easily digestible news tidbits: Pesticides in soil and ground water are killing not only honey bees and other useful insects, but songbirds as well.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: Judge issues deposition order in for city police corporal's lawsuit against the department, market for marijuana-laced edibles en fuego in at least two states, West Rutland truck fire consumes all driver's earthly possessions.