Man dies from injuries after lawnmower crashJuly 07,2014By Brent Curtis
A Bristol, Conn., man died Friday afternoon from injuries received in a lawn mower crash in Mount Holly last week, according to Vermont State Police.
George Lynn, 54, was driving a John Deer Lawn Mower on Bowlsville Road North just after 1 a.m. on Wednesday when the mower went off the road and crashed down an embankment.
Lynn was taken first to Rutland Regional Medical Center for treatment of serious head injuries and then to Fletcher Allen Health Care where he was pronounced dead at 1:45 p.m. Friday.
The cause of the crash is unclear but state police Lt. Charles Cacciatore, commander of the Rutland barracks, said alcohol was believed to be a factor.MORE IN This Just InThe Rutland County Sheriff’s Office agreed to transport Dennis Duby Jr. Full Story
- Most Popular
- Most Emailed
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: On this day 1739, 'Richard Palmer' identified in prison at York Castle as the notorious outlaw DICK TURPIN; IN 1836, Battle of the Alamo begins near San Antonio de Bexar, Texas; 1896, the Tootsie Roll invented by LEO HIRSCHFELD.
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: On this day in 1472, Orkney, Shetland islands put up as collateral by Norway to Scotland in lieu of dowry for MARGARET OF DENMARK on her marriage with JAMES III, king of Scotland; 1962, JOHN GLENN first American to orbit Earth.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: City mayoral candidates debate campaign issues; Hartford, Conn., woman still missing; Neal Goswami reports attempts to legislate suicide; local woman loses 100 pounds through TOPS program.
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: On this day in 1878, JOHN TUNSTALL murdered near Lincoln, New Mexico, by the outlaw JESSE EVANS; in 1930, ELM FARM OLLIE first cow to fly in aircraft, first to be milked airborne; 1955, nuke test WASP; '79, snow in Sahara.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: Rutland Herald News Editor Alan J. Keays and staff writer Gordon Dritschilo discuss stories planned for the February 18, 2015, edition of the newspaper: Winter budgets maxed, legal marijuana, Springfield bank job, USPS slowdown
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: On this day in 1249 AD, ANDRE of LONGJUMEAU is dispatched by LOUIS IX of France to meet the KHAGAN, ruler of the Mongol Empire; in 1804, during 1st Barbary War, STEPHEN DECATUR scuttles the pirate-held USS Philadelphia in Tripoli.