Teen charged with DUI crashJuly 07,2014Teenager charged
with DUI crash
GRAFTON — A Saxtons River teenager who Vermont State Police say was drunk when she crashed her car on Eastman Road is facing two criminal charges.
Miranda Sevene, 19, was charged with drunken driving and leaving the scene of an accident after police say she crashed her 1999 Ford Contour and then walked away from the vehicle leaving an injured passenger behind.
The crash, which occurred during a heavy rainstorm Thursday evening, injured both Sevene and 31-year-old Shannon Holmes, of Saxtons River, according to police, who say both women had minor injuries from the crash. Neither woman was taken to the hospital for medical treatment, according to police.
Sevene was issued a citation to appear in Brattleboro criminal court next month.
- Most Popular
- Most Emailed
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: Giles Corey of Salem, Mass., is pressed to death during the Salem witch trials; on this day in 1952, film comedian Charlie Chaplin, while traveling to England, is denied re-entry into the United States by U.S. attorney general.
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: Dutch father of microbiology Antonie van Leeuwenhoek discovers the existence of one-celled organisms; in 1967, The Doors are booked to play the Ed Sullivan show; in 1858, freedom fighter Dred Scott dies on this day in St. Louis.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: No money this year for western rail project, Lola Aiken memorialized in Montpelier, Supreme Court Castleton murder suspect will remain in jail, Shaftbury man fires shots from his AK-47 into neighbor's home.
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: On this day in 1959, Soviet Premier Nikita S. Khrushchev arrives in U.S. for historic 13-day visit; in 1987, Secretary of State George Shultz and Soviet Foreign Minister Eduard Shevardnadze sign nuclear reduction agreement.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: City celebrates completion of its newest mural, on West Street opposite the post office, more than $2 million in federal grants will bolster Vermont's health centers, Patrick McArdle reports on pending sale of Vermont papers.
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: Henry Hudson sails up the Hudson River as far as present-day Albany, Leo Szilard has epiphany waiting for the light to change, 3 kids report a West Virginia close encounter in 1952.