Teen charged with DUI crashJuly 07,2014Teenager charged
with DUI crash
GRAFTON — A Saxtons River teenager who Vermont State Police say was drunk when she crashed her car on Eastman Road is facing two criminal charges.
Miranda Sevene, 19, was charged with drunken driving and leaving the scene of an accident after police say she crashed her 1999 Ford Contour and then walked away from the vehicle leaving an injured passenger behind.
The crash, which occurred during a heavy rainstorm Thursday evening, injured both Sevene and 31-year-old Shannon Holmes, of Saxtons River, according to police, who say both women had minor injuries from the crash. Neither woman was taken to the hospital for medical treatment, according to police.
Sevene was issued a citation to appear in Brattleboro criminal court next month.MORE IN This Just In
- Most Popular
- Most Emailed
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: Highway Trust Fund bill passage Vt. projects are moving forward, about 20 state inmates are seeking clemency through new federal standards and search is on to find temporary member for State Colleges Board of Trustees.
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: Workers on this day in 1984 in a Cheshire, England, peat bog find well-preserved human remains at least 2,000 years dead, born this day in 1843, Robert Todd Lincoln, eldest son of the president, present at three assassinations.
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Rutland Herald content editor Rich Alcott shares local weather information and easily digestible news tidbits: A fiery pit nicknamed the 'Gate of Hell' in the Karakum desert in Turkmenistan has been burning for 40 years.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: osh O'Gorman reports on the impact of state budget cuts on state colleges, Rutland Town welcomes Donna Zeller as town clerk, Bryanna Allen in Killington for chili cookoff and Haley talks up the big Shrine game with N.H. and Vt.
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Rutland Herald content editor Rich Alcott shares local weather information and easily digestible news tidbits: Teddy Roosevelt makes Americans believe the poor, peace-loving, misunderstood piranha is a vicious, dangerous animal.
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: Teamsters leader Jimmy Hoffa disappears on this day in 1975, on this day in 2003, the last Volkswagen Type I, the Beetle, rolls off the assembly line in Mexico, Ambrose Bierce on the classifications of homicide.