Woman denies burglary; forgeryJuly 09,2014Woman denies
A Brandon woman who police say stole her neighbor’s state income tax refund and cashed it for her own use in April before allegedly burglarizing her neighbor’s home in May denied three felony charges this week.
Robyn R. Page, 62, pleaded innocent in Rutland criminal court Monday to charges of burglary, forgery, uttering a forged instrument and a misdemeanor charge of petty larceny.
Page, who appeared in court on citations, remains free on court-ordered conditions that include orders to stay away from her neighbor’s home on 343 Town Farm Road.
At the end of April, Page’s neighbor told police that her $600 refund check had been taken from her mailbox and cashed. Police say Page confessed to taking the check to pay for her rent, utility bill and cell phone minutes.
On May 26, Page’s same neighbor told police that someone entered her home and stole dish detergent, cat litter and shower wash. A Brandon police officer who visited Page’s home that day wrote in a court affidavit that he found all of the stolen items in the house and he said Page confessed to taking the cat litter.MORE IN This Just In
- Most Popular
- Most Emailed
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: On this day in 1618, English author, poet, soldier, adventurer Sir Walter Raleigh is beheaded for conspiring to overthrow King James I, but more likely to mollify offenses to Spain. His executioner has to implore him for silence.
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: On this day in 1492, Italian explorer, admiral of the ocean sea, Christopher Columbus, sailing for the Spanish crown, 'discovers' Cuba; on this day in 1964, U.S. officials deny American involvement in bombing North Vietnam.
- Video: Fire engulfs house on Pine Street
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: On this day in 1936, Mrs. Wallis Warfield Spencer Simpson, mistress of King Edward VIII, is granted her second divorce, enabling her to marry the king. The government, the Church of England and the London Times have another idea.
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: V-2 No. 13, launched this day in 1946 from White Sands, New Mexico, takes first photographs of Earth from the edge of the planet's outer atmosphere; 1947: Walt Disney testifies before HUAC, names employees he says are communists.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: Vermont's brand discussed at Killington, state's attorney candidates Marc Brierre and Rose Kennedy profiled, Curtis reports about Rutland police chief's new job, and four arrested, charged for heroin, crack sales.