Efficiency Vermont goingdoor-to-door for area businessesSTAFF REPORT | July 14,2014Rutland-area businesses may be visited over the next few weeks by representatives from Efficiency Vermont.
The energy efficiency utility is conducting research in an effort to update and improve their services for southern Vermont commercial customers.
Efficiency Vermont offers technical assistance, rebates, and special financing to all Vermont businesses.
Businesses can work with Efficiency Vermont on just about any project that requires energy: from lighting (indoor and outdoor) to heating, ventilating, and air conditioning, to commercial equipment replacement and more.
To learn more or request a visit for your business, contact Amelia Fontein, business outreach intern at 540-7721 or email@example.comMORE IN National / World BusinessLOS ANGELES ó Itís back, and itís back on a scale that is well matched to this car-centric city. Full StoryThe stock market closed out its fifth straight week of gains with another record high on Friday. Full Story
- Most Popular
- Most Emailed
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: On this day in 1927, striking Colo. miners attacked with machine guns by state police; 1877, Thomas Edison announces invention of the phonograph, 1959, Alan Freed fired by WABC 770 AM for accepting payola to promote records.
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: On this day in 1863, President Abraham Lincoln delivers short speech in Gettysburg, Pa.; in 1984, a Pemex LNG facility destroyed by series of gas explosions, 600 people are killed; in 1998, Senate builds fire under Bill Clinton.
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: On this day in 1831 – Independent South American super-state, Gran Colombia, dissolved; 1856 - Fort Buchanan built to control Apache warriors; 1970 - William Calley Jr. goes on trial after 1968 massacre at My Lai, Vietnam.
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: Wisconsin Sen. Joe McCarthy takes advantage of Cold War jitters and builds a tidy little fiefdom for himself on Capitol Hill. It's all good, but pride goes before you know darn well what. The junior senator is damaged going down.
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: On this day in 1927, Leon Trotsky is expelled from the Soviet Communist Party, leaving Joseph Stalin in control of the Soviet Union; in 1970, Oregon DOT tries to dynamite a dead whale off a beach with a rather shocking result.
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: In 1972, Southern Airways Flight 49 is hijacked, the crew and passengers held for ransom. The hijackers want $10 million and passage to Cuba. In 2007, in Santiago, Chile, King Juan Carlos of Spain loses patience with Hugo Chavez.