On July 1, Ayelet Shaked posted a message on Facebook calling for war against the Palestinian people. She called for the killing of Palestinian mothers as they give rise to “little snakes.”
Ayelet Shaked is not just a rabid blogger. She is a rising star in Israeli politics. She was elected to the Knesset last year and currently holds fifth place on the Jewish Home party’s list. Without her party’s 12 votes, Mr. Netanyahu’s coalition would be five votes shy of a majority and Mr. Netanyahu would not be prime minister. Her call for war has been answered. Palestinian mothers and their “little snakes” are being killed or maimed.
While Mr. Netanyahu’s Likud Yisrael Beiteinu party only received 23.34 percent of the vote in the last election, he can usually count on 99 percent support from the U.S. Congress.
We share his values.
RutlandMORE IN Letters
- Most Popular
- Most Emailed
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: Well diggers in Cardiff, New York, find what is thought to be the petrified body of a 10-foot-tall man, perfectly preserved after thousands of years, which becomes a popular roadside attraction until proven to be a fake.
- Pittsford Haunted House
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: On this day in 1720, 'Calico Jack' Rackham, Caribbean pirate and early feminist, known for recruiting women to his crew and for fabric decorating skills after creating 'Jolly Roger' flag, is captured by the British Royal Navy.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: Vermont has a new state Supreme Court Justice; city hospital says it can save plenty by upgrading its lights and trucking in natural gas; Springfield has a new town manager, former West Rutland guy, Tom Yennerall.
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: On this day in 1307, King Phillip the Fair of France orders hundreds of Knights Templar rounded up and arrested, charged with heresy, tortured until they confess; on this day in 1917, thousands see miracle of Our Lady of Fatima.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: Solarfest likely to be on hold until at least 2016, Great Dane involved in theft of an $89,000 shotgun leads police to the thieves, PSB will not reopen VGS pipeline case, prosecutors want evidence in body-packing drug case.