Okemo hosts concert FridayJuly 21,2014Okemo hosts
LUDLOW — Okemo Mountain Resort will host a free concert Friday featuring the Phil Abair Band as part of the Jackson Gore Summer Music Series.
Concerts are from 6 to 9 p.m. Fridays in the courtyard at the Jackson Gore Inn.
Admission is free and the grounds open at 5 p.m. Families are welcome and attendees are encouraged to bring lawn chairs or picnic blankets.
In case of rain, the concerts will move indoors.
Following the Phil Abair Band on Friday, the summer lineup for the Jackson Gore Summer Music Series includes the Dan Walker Band on Aug. 8; Tony Lee Thomas on Aug. 15; Kenny Mehler on Aug. 22; and 2Adam12 on Aug. 29.MORE IN This Just In
- Most Popular
- Most Emailed
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: Gen. Wm. T. Sherman concludes March to the Sea, secures Savannah, Ga., offers the city as Christmas gift to Pres. Lincoln; N.Y.'s Lincoln Tunnel opens in 1937; first gorilla born in captivity, Colo, celebrates 58th birthday today.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: Brent Curtis reports on the probe into a city bar fight involving police officers; Vt. Yankee has its last media day event before final shutdown next week; Depot Park hosts annual vigil to raise awareness of plight of homeless.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: Vermont Gas Systems puts Phase 2 on hold as the latest estimate for Phase 1 takes a 27 percent leap upward, to a total of $157 million; U.S. Attorney Tristram Coffin quits for job with private firm; police cite man in pot bust.
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: In 1972, Christmas bombing of North Vietnam ordered by President Richard Nixon, most lethal strikes of the war; in 1989, U.S. invades Panama to depose, arrest and charge Gen. Manuel Noriega with drug trafficking, racketeering.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: Gov. Peter Shumlin announces demise of his single-payer health insurance initiative; convicted first-degree murderer Alan Prue sentenced to 50 years for killing teacher Melissa Jenkins; veterans chafed about park naming snub.
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: In 497 BC, first Saturnalia festival celebrated in Rome, Scandinavians retain 'Yule Goat' as symbol of season, Krampus, evil side of holiday cheer, terrorizes children into better behavior, more advice from Christopher Hitchens.