Okemo hosts concert FridayJuly 21,2014Okemo hosts
LUDLOW — Okemo Mountain Resort will host a free concert Friday featuring the Phil Abair Band as part of the Jackson Gore Summer Music Series.
Concerts are from 6 to 9 p.m. Fridays in the courtyard at the Jackson Gore Inn.
Admission is free and the grounds open at 5 p.m. Families are welcome and attendees are encouraged to bring lawn chairs or picnic blankets.
In case of rain, the concerts will move indoors.
Following the Phil Abair Band on Friday, the summer lineup for the Jackson Gore Summer Music Series includes the Dan Walker Band on Aug. 8; Tony Lee Thomas on Aug. 15; Kenny Mehler on Aug. 22; and 2Adam12 on Aug. 29.MORE IN This Just InPolice are seeking information about a pair of robberies in Rutland and Wallingford Wednesday night. Full Story
- Most Popular
- Most Emailed
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: In 1972, Christmas bombing of North Vietnam ordered by President Richard Nixon, most lethal strikes of the war; in 1989, U.S. invades Panama to depose, arrest and charge Gen. Manuel Noriega with drug trafficking, racketeering.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: Gov. Peter Shumlin announces demise of his single-payer health insurance initiative; convicted first-degree murderer Alan Prue sentenced to 50 years for killing teacher Melissa Jenkins; veterans chafed about park naming snub.
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: In 497 BC, first Saturnalia festival celebrated in Rome, Scandinavians retain 'Yule Goat' as symbol of season, Krampus, evil side of holiday cheer, terrorizes children into better behavior, more advice from Christopher Hitchens.
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: In 533 AD, Byzantine Emperor Justinian I gets the old empire back together again routing the Vandals from Carthage; in 1890, Lakota Chief Sitting Bull is killed at his home in South Dakota; in 1970, Soviets land probe on Venus.
- DUANE CARLETON: Rutland Herald Events Editor George Nostrand interviews musician Duane Carleton, whose new CD 'A GIRL LIKE THAT' drops Thursday, Dec. 18, 2014, and will be celebrated that evening with a show at 9:30 p.m. at Killington's Pickle Barrel.
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: Sigisimund, king of Hungary, creates Order of the Dragon to defend the West against Ottoman Turks; Chong Ho escorts 300 virgins to China; J. Bruce Ismay born this day, built Titanic, gets free trip, does not go down with the ship.