Man denies indecent picture exchangeJuly 29,2014Man denies indecent
An 18-year-old Rutland man denied a charge Monday of sending and receiving naked images with a 13-year-old girl.
Brandon Giles pleaded innocent in Rutland criminal court to a misdemeanor charge of a minor electronically disseminating indecent material to an adult.
Giles, who appeared in court on a citation, remains free on court-ordered conditions that include an order that he not access the Internet or possess electronic devices capable of an Internet connection.
An investigator with the Vermont Internet Crimes Against Children Task Force wrote in an affidavit that police in Vermont were contacted after the parents of a girl in Polkton, N.C., complained that their daughter had received nude photos from a man in Vermont.
After seizing a computer from a home in Manchester, investigators interviewed Giles in Rutland where he allegedly admitted to sending naked pictures of himself to the girl and receiving partially naked pictures in exchange.
If convicted, Giles faces a maximum penalty of six months in jail.
- Most Popular
- Most Emailed
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: On this day in 1618, English author, poet, soldier, adventurer Sir Walter Raleigh is beheaded for conspiring to overthrow King James I, but more likely to mollify offenses to Spain. His executioner has to implore him for silence.
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: On this day in 1492, Italian explorer, admiral of the ocean sea, Christopher Columbus, sailing for the Spanish crown, 'discovers' Cuba; on this day in 1964, U.S. officials deny American involvement in bombing North Vietnam.
- Video: Fire engulfs house on Pine Street
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: On this day in 1936, Mrs. Wallis Warfield Spencer Simpson, mistress of King Edward VIII, is granted her second divorce, enabling her to marry the king. The government, the Church of England and the London Times have another idea.
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: V-2 No. 13, launched this day in 1946 from White Sands, New Mexico, takes first photographs of Earth from the edge of the planet's outer atmosphere; 1947: Walt Disney testifies before HUAC, names employees he says are communists.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: Vermont's brand discussed at Killington, state's attorney candidates Marc Brierre and Rose Kennedy profiled, Curtis reports about Rutland police chief's new job, and four arrested, charged for heroin, crack sales.