Man denies indecent picture exchangeJuly 29,2014Man denies indecent
An 18-year-old Rutland man denied a charge Monday of sending and receiving naked images with a 13-year-old girl.
Brandon Giles pleaded innocent in Rutland criminal court to a misdemeanor charge of a minor electronically disseminating indecent material to an adult.
Giles, who appeared in court on a citation, remains free on court-ordered conditions that include an order that he not access the Internet or possess electronic devices capable of an Internet connection.
An investigator with the Vermont Internet Crimes Against Children Task Force wrote in an affidavit that police in Vermont were contacted after the parents of a girl in Polkton, N.C., complained that their daughter had received nude photos from a man in Vermont.
After seizing a computer from a home in Manchester, investigators interviewed Giles in Rutland where he allegedly admitted to sending naked pictures of himself to the girl and receiving partially naked pictures in exchange.
If convicted, Giles faces a maximum penalty of six months in jail.MORE IN This Just In
- Most Popular
- Most Emailed
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: On Jan. 31, 2002, Berkshire Armored Car Co. in Rutland's Howe Center was robbed of $1.9 million. Brent Curtis reports some of the surprising details he found in 10 years of FBI investigation files in a 5-part Herald series.
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: In 1835, deranged house painter attempts to kill Pres. Andrew Jackson; in 1969, Beatles play last live public performance on roof of Apple Corps building, London; in 1935, poet Richard Brautigan born in Tacoma, Washington.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: Maple syrup standards revised to match international standards; city must decide how best to use $300K in leftover sewer project money; Bryanna Allen reports on funding proposal for solar projects; local agency gets HUD money.
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: On this day in 1393, quick thinking teen girl saves King Charles IV of France from burning alive at masquerade ball; in 1760, Vermont town of Pownal created by N.H. Gov. Benning Wentworth; Canuplin, Filipino movie star, born.
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: On this day, 1700, Cascadia Earthquake, Magnitude 9 plus, strikes West Coast with tsunami effects felt as far away as Japan; in 1885, troops loyal to Sudanese Mohammad Ahmad conquer Khartoum; in 1992, Boris Yeltsin untargets U.S.
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: On this day in 971 AD, Southern Han war elephant corps defeated by Song Dynasty troops bowmen; in 1870, Montana, Marias massacre, U.S. kills 173 Native Americans; in 1941, Charles Lindbergh recommends neutrality pact with Nazis.