Fish & Wildlife offers seminarsJuly 29,2014Fish & Wildlife
MONTPELIER — The Vermont Department of Fish and Wildlife is going to be holding seminars to help new hunters and archers.
Hunter Education Coordinator John Pellegrini says that starting in mid-August, the department will host a series of seminars to help inexperienced hunters with the tools he or she needs to be successful.
There will be courses on archery, waterfowl, turkey and deer hunting as well as processing, storing and cooking game.
Participants will be able to learn what to wear on their first hunt and how to select a firearm or archery equipment.
A list of the seminars with descriptions, dates, locations and registration information can be found on the department’s website.MORE IN This Just In
- Most Popular
- Most Emailed
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: On this day in 1618, English author, poet, soldier, adventurer Sir Walter Raleigh is beheaded for conspiring to overthrow King James I, but more likely to mollify offenses to Spain. His executioner has to implore him for silence.
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: On this day in 1492, Italian explorer, admiral of the ocean sea, Christopher Columbus, sailing for the Spanish crown, 'discovers' Cuba; on this day in 1964, U.S. officials deny American involvement in bombing North Vietnam.
- Video: Fire engulfs house on Pine Street
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: On this day in 1936, Mrs. Wallis Warfield Spencer Simpson, mistress of King Edward VIII, is granted her second divorce, enabling her to marry the king. The government, the Church of England and the London Times have another idea.
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: V-2 No. 13, launched this day in 1946 from White Sands, New Mexico, takes first photographs of Earth from the edge of the planet's outer atmosphere; 1947: Walt Disney testifies before HUAC, names employees he says are communists.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: Vermont's brand discussed at Killington, state's attorney candidates Marc Brierre and Rose Kennedy profiled, Curtis reports about Rutland police chief's new job, and four arrested, charged for heroin, crack sales.