Donna J. BeersAugust 02,2014
Donna J. BeersDonna J. Beers
Donna J. Beers passed away peacefully at her home in Windham, VT on Tuesday, July 29th following a courageous battle with cancer.
Donna was born on June 18th, 1950, in Townsend, VT. She grew up in Windham, VT, went to Leland and Gray High School in Townsend, Vt and on Nov. 25th, 1967 she married Donald Beers of Londonderry, VT.
She worked at a few different places during her career — most recently at the Weston Village Country Store in Weston, VT.
Donna loved golfing and won Club Championship at Lake Fairways golf course in N. Fort Myers, FL, in 2008 and was also a runner up in 2009. She also loved gardening and puzzles.
She is survived by her husband and her two children, Lee A. Beers of Walpole, NH, and Sandy Beers Ferreira of Londonderry, VT. She also had four grandchildren (Caleb and Camille Beers and Nicholas and Christopher Ferreira). She was also survived by three brothers and a sister.
She was predeceased by her father, Donald Coburn, of Windham, VT in 1998.
Her family would like to give thanks to Donna’s many friends at Lake Fairways for visits, emails, cards, phone calls and support during her 16-month battle with cancer. Her family would also like to express gratitude to the VA Hospital and Hospice for all their help.
A memorial for Donna will be held at the Second Congregational Church in Londonderry, VT at 1 p.m Saturday, August 9, 2014, .
In lieu of flowers, memorial donations can be made to TARPS Animal Shelter, PO Box 274, Chester, VT 05143.
- Most Popular
- Most Emailed
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: Acclaimed illusionist & escape artist Harry Houdini, performing in Montreal in 1926, is sucker-punched by a McGill University student. Houdini doesn't know he has peritonitis - the punches are possible factor in his Oct. 31 death.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: Rutland Police Chief James Baker to resign from the force at the end of the year to take a job in Washington, D.C., jury remains out in teacher killing murder trial, Rec Dept. releases report on what's wrong with White's Pool.
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: Well diggers in Cardiff, New York, find what is thought to be the petrified body of a 10-foot-tall man, perfectly preserved after thousands of years, which becomes a popular roadside attraction until proven to be a fake.
- Pittsford Haunted House
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: On this day in 1720, 'Calico Jack' Rackham, Caribbean pirate and early feminist, known for recruiting women to his crew and for fabric decorating skills after creating 'Jolly Roger' flag, is captured by the British Royal Navy.
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: On this day in 1307, King Phillip the Fair of France orders hundreds of Knights Templar rounded up and arrested, charged with heresy, tortured until they confess; on this day in 1917, thousands see miracle of Our Lady of Fatima.