Pownal man accused of assaultAugust 02,2014Pownal man
accused of assault
POWNAL ó A local man is facing criminal charges after police alleged that he struck a neighbor in the face Wednesday.
Christopher Michael Myers, 34, of Pownal, was cited for second-degree unlawful restraint, aggravated disorderly conduct, simple assault and giving false information to a police officer, Trooper Paul Sokolowski said in a press release.
Sokolowski said police were dispatched to the Alta Gardens Trailer Park in Pownal around 2 p.m. Wednesday because of a reported dispute between neighbors.
Police said Myers had struck someone in the face and did not allow the person to leave.
Myers attempted to hide his identity when questioned during the investigation, Sokolowski said.MORE IN This Just InMONTPELIER ó Two days after the Vermont Senate voted to end the philosophical exemption for... Full Story
- Most Popular
- Most Emailed
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: On this day 1739, 'Richard Palmer' identified in prison at York Castle as the notorious outlaw DICK TURPIN; IN 1836, Battle of the Alamo begins near San Antonio de Bexar, Texas; 1896, the Tootsie Roll invented by LEO HIRSCHFELD.
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: On this day in 1472, Orkney, Shetland islands put up as collateral by Norway to Scotland in lieu of dowry for MARGARET OF DENMARK on her marriage with JAMES III, king of Scotland; 1962, JOHN GLENN first American to orbit Earth.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: City mayoral candidates debate campaign issues; Hartford, Conn., woman still missing; Neal Goswami reports attempts to legislate suicide; local woman loses 100 pounds through TOPS program.
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: On this day in 1878, JOHN TUNSTALL murdered near Lincoln, New Mexico, by the outlaw JESSE EVANS; in 1930, ELM FARM OLLIE first cow to fly in aircraft, first to be milked airborne; 1955, nuke test WASP; '79, snow in Sahara.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: Rutland Herald News Editor Alan J. Keays and staff writer Gordon Dritschilo discuss stories planned for the February 18, 2015, edition of the newspaper: Winter budgets maxed, legal marijuana, Springfield bank job, USPS slowdown
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: On this day in 1249 AD, ANDRE of LONGJUMEAU is dispatched by LOUIS IX of France to meet the KHAGAN, ruler of the Mongol Empire; in 1804, during 1st Barbary War, STEPHEN DECATUR scuttles the pirate-held USS Philadelphia in Tripoli.